21st Birthday Dinner @ Opus Bistro

23:09

   Happy 21st birthday to me!! Yea, yours truly turned 21 two weeks ago. Sigh, turning 21 is like a mixed feeling. I feel excited and looking forward to the unlimited possibilities that life has to offer. At the same time, i just don't wanna grow up, cause this means that it's time for me to take up responsibilities, duties, works and face all those complicated problems. Anyhow, i have got no choice right? Just appreciate every seconds of life, live it to the fullest!

   Well, today i'm gonna blog about my birthday dinner at Opus Bistro, organised by dearest Ms. Zheng, along with my fellow high school friends. I was more than happy to see all of them because it had been such a long time we haven't catch up and have fun! Plus, it was after my exam, so this dinner just came in handy for me to unwind and celebrate my ageing. LOL. Zheng suggested this place on Jalan Bangkung, a hidden Italian restaurant in the middle of Bangsar's housing area. It was pretty tricky to find without a GPS, so i advise you to bring one or study the map before going.


   We ordered a an Opus' Famous Shellfish Surprise as an appetizer to share. I had a Spaghetti Seafood in Squid Ink Sauce as my main, the rest of the girls had Spaghetti Ala Opus, Spaghetti Aragosta, Spinach Ravioli and Roasted Cod.

Opus' Shellfish Surprise--RM 26++
Fresh mixed shellfish in light tomato broth
Roasted Cod--RM 56++
with the choice of lemon caper sauce or white wine kalamata sauce, served with steamed vegetables
Spinach Ravioli--RM 36++
in gorgonzola cheese sauce or fresh tomato sauce
*ravioli is an italian pasta filled with spinach, garlic and seasoning
Spaghetti Ala Opus--RM 36++
mixed seafood in tomato sauce
Spaghetti Aragosta--RM 36++
fresh lobster meat in tomato sauce
Spaghetti Seafood in Squid Ink Sauce--RM 36++

   Judging from my happy face you know that the food is good right? In my opinion, Opus Bistro offers a really traditional Italian cuisine. If you are a fan of Italian food, you would definitely love this place. My squid ink seafood spaghetti was well seasoned and the seafood was pretty fresh. However, i could not appreciate the squid ink. I thought squid ink spaghetti, the very special black pasta would taste unique too, but it was not the case, that dish just tasted like ordinary seafood pasta with black sauce. Nevertheless, the shellfish soup was pleasant, i really liked its combination of sweet and sour from seafood and tomato broth respectively. I've also had a bite from Eng's Spinach Ravioli and it was well done. This would be your favourite if you are a fan of cream and cheese. Zheng's roasted cod fish was alright, the plating and flavors were both impressive. Too bad the fish was not fresh and had scales on it. Nevertheless, it's the company that made my night a memorable and joyful one!

   Introducing my guests of honour of the night!!
Zheng
Eng
Yixian
Powpow
  Aside from the food, Opus Bistro has a modern classy interior. Sadly the service for the night was rather disappointing. We waited a total of 50 minutes for our desserts but to no avail. We asked for cancellation of the item and it took forever to deliver. I wish that was due to the crowd and heavy duty of the team. Hopefully Opus will improve on their workers quality and service. Opus boasts its food and certainly it did delivered. Perhaps i was just expecting too much.



   If you want to have a hearty and filling meal, expect to pay like RM 60 per person. Well that's all about that night, celebrating my ageing and welcoming myself to the adult world. LOL. Thanks to everyone who showed up that night and also everybody that wished me and celebrated my big day with me. Here is a big love to you guys!! Virtual hug* Have a fun holiday ahead! xoxo.

Wishing hard!
My girls of the night! <3
Yours truly~
Contact info~
Website: http://www.opusbistro.my/


You Might Also Like

0 comments