My Prom Story: Primavera de mi Vida

21:31

   Good day world! I'm here to announce that i have finally finish my 2.5 months of nerding and my finals is officially over! I can finally resuscitate my half-dead blog. Apology* Well this post is all about my graduation prom in April and it is so overdue, but i promise that this is going to be interesting as it is my first post regarding fashion, make up and hair-do. So read  up guys!

   Alright, so first thing about prom is to get your perfect dress, accessories and heels. Few weeks prior to the prom me and my girls went to Sunway Pyramid and hunt for our perfect dresses. I found mine from a tiny boutique in Asian Avenue after 7 hours of walking. I know right, i just couldn't help it, i'm THAT perfectionist. Anyway, it's a long Champagne Gold silk dress covered with a layer of detailed black lace. I just felt in love with it at the moment when i first saw it. After i tried it on, i just felt so overwhelmed and i knew that's gonna be my prom dress. wink*

Dress from Asian Avenue, heels from Valentino Creations, clutch from my mum's closet, pearl bracelet from Sabah, pearl necklace from China.


   After that, you need to deal with hair-do and make up. You can choose to either do on your own or hire professional stylist to help you. I chose the latter one cause i want to look perfect for the day! Hence, i decided to ask help from these 2 lovely ladies: Jess and Vivi Wong from Dress Up Room. They are actually sisters and look so alike. Jess will do make up and Vivi will be in charged of hair-do. I first see their facebook page and immediately love their simple, elegant make up style together with creative hair styles. So i gave them a call and arrange for an appointment before my prom. They were very professional, punctual and humble. Jess and Vivi will take turn to style us up and it only takes 45 minutes to finish everything. Thumb up for efficiency. So here are the masterpieces from the sisters!

le blogger: before & after

Laine: before & going-to-be-after

   

Laine & Sarina after makeover

Lydia looking sweet and pretty


Dress Up Room uses top quality products.

Jess Wong in action

Jess on the left and Vivi on the right. 

Yours truly after the makeover.

   After we were done, we headed to HGH Convention Centre, Jalan Sentul to attend prom! Yea, at first we weren't that excited to hear about HGH, but seeing it and experiencing the grand hall itself amazed me. It is not like your usual hotel ballrooms or wedding hall, but it is very special in the sense of having a grand runway in the middle of the uniquely decorated ballroom. I'll just let the photos do the talking. Enjoy~

IMU was featured!

My lovely ladies outside the ballroom

Complimentary cupcakes~



The HUGE stage and the runway.


   So yea, that's about it. I hope you enjoy that! Tips for every girls that is going to prom/ball: You don't need a perfect date or a pretty dress, all you need is a bright smile and all the confidence within. xoxo.

Dress Up Room's contact info:
Phone no.: 012-6583303  Jess Wong 
E-mail address: jesswong_makeup@hotmail.com

p/s: Dress Up Room focusing their services mainly around Kuala Lumpur and Selangor area.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. How much did you pay for the service? :) I have a prom coming pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selene. We got ourselves dinner make up plus hair styling service and it costs around RM150, not sure whether the rates is still the same now, but you can contact them personally through facebook or phone call. Hope it helps.:)

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Do you remember which shop you went to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gracie! Sorry i couldn't recall the name of the shop, but it was a corner shop hidden in Asian Avenue, Sunway Pyramid. Just next to the snack street in Asian Avenue. The lady boss is pretty friendly. Hope this is helpful! :)

      Delete