Première Visite à la Maison de Macarons Ladurée| First Visit to The House of Laduree Macarons

16:21

   Greetings my dear readers! As some of you might know, i just got back from my summer trip in Europe Union not long ago and i have so much to share with you guys! From the view, to the people, the culture, the food and the spirit of the communities. Europe had been awesome to me and i can't wait to share with you my fantastic experience from this trip. Hence, let's start off with today's entry, which is all about my first time at Ladurée Pastries House in Covent Garden, London.

Happy girl i was!
   Ladurée started off as a small bakery in Paris, opened by its owner, Louis Ernest Ladurée in 1862. However, not long after, the bakery caught fire and one thing led to another, it was transformed into a pastry shop. Since then, Ladurée has been serving high quality pastries and is best known for its macarons. Today, Ladurée has evolved as an international brand with a promise of indulgence and excellent desserts experience.
Ladurée's Macarons~Photo Courtesy of www.parisiensalon.com
   As a foodie which have a thing for colorful macarons, of course i learnt about this world-class pastry shop and was determined to visit one of its branch in Europe. Although i planned to visit Ladurée in Paris, but due to time constraint, i could not do so. However, thank God for giving me a chance to go on the last day of my trip in Europe. I keep grinning every time i think back on this incident. At first, i already scheduled myself to visit Ladurée in Harrods because it was on my way back to the hotel in Hammersmith. Hence, i started my day of visiting London with underground, going places like Arsenal, King's Cross Station and more. I dropped  by at The Covent Garden Station to have a coffee break in Monmouth Coffee Company as my friend/senior, Michelle recommended it. When i was searching for Monmouth Cafe, i accidentally pass by a Ladurée Pastry House there! Words cannot describe how excited i was when i bumped into it!
Beautiful Macarons Tower in the shop
A beautiful and elegant corner in the patisserie
While choosing our macarons~
Photo by Johnny Kim~
I could barely control myself facing these sweet and vibrantly-colored macarons!
   Anyway, i managed to get me and my family some great-quality macarons. I was indeed spoilt by choice. After asking some suggestions from the staff there, i finally decided on pistachio, salted caramel, lemon, raspberry, chocolate, coffee, rose petal and coconut. Each flavor costs 1.30£, so 8 of them costs 13.60£. I did not get those fancy boxes which are more expensive so that's all i paid for the 8 beautifully baked macarons.

The above are some flavors of macarons that Ladurée offers.
*Photo from atouchoffrench.wordpress.com
My first box of Ladurée macarons. I hope this is not the last one.
From left: Pistachio--Salted Caramel--Lemon--Raspberry--Chocolate--Coffee--Rose Petal--Coconut
In French perhaps? Pistache--Caramel à la Fleur de Jel--Citron--Framboise--Chocolat--Café--Pétale de Rose--Noix de coco
   I saved them until i came back to Malaysia, gave them a little photoshoot before biting into them. Well, i am glad to say they still tasted great except for some cracks here and there due to transporting. Before commenting on how they tasted like, here is some guidance on how to judge the quality of a macaron. I got this link from my blogger friend--Victoria.


Stack them macarons!
   My choice of flavors were pistachio and salted caramel. The texture of the meringue cookie was spot on! Not too chewy, not too sweet but a little bit fragile due to the travelling i assume. The butter cream filling in the middle was pleasantly smooth and blended everything together perfectly. Perhaps it will taste better and more fresh if i were to eat them on the spot. Sigh, i am starting to miss these beautiful creations from Ladurée already. How i wish Malaysia has one of the branch too. Hmm, i am thinking that i should go for a macaron hunt around KL city to search for its substitute one day. LOL. Well, thanks for reading and please stay tuned for more of my stories in Europe alright? Have a great week ahead! :)

Again, yours truly under the sunny sky of London, in front of Ladurée Pastry Shop, Covent Garden.
Photo by Johnny Kim
More information~
Website: http://www.laduree.com/


   

You Might Also Like

0 comments