The Italiannies

21:01

So, after few months of busy social life, exams, and also birthday celebrations, i finally find myself time to write my dusted blog..LOL. Sometimes, i wonder, do anyone read it? Cause, it takes quite some time to prepare a full length blog, and i haven't even include the photos. Sigh, ohh well, just try my best and hope anything i wrote here, benefits someone, in a way or another~ :/

Alright, so yesterday, after finishing my last paper of the semester, me n my close buddies from uni, decided to pay a visit to The Italiannies, The Gardens. It wasn't my first time there, but it was my first time trying their lunch set. The lunch set provided by them consists of an appetizer, main course, dessert and a drink.

Appetizer: Soup of the Day or Sicilian Fruit Salad.
Main Course: Varieties of spaghetti, pizza,chicken chop and fish.
Dessert: Chocolate brownies with chocolate sauce or Raisin Bread Pudding with anglaise sauce.
Drink: Ice Lemon Tea or Pepsi.

All of these for RM 29.90++, so worth it right?!!!

Spoilt by the amazing choices we got there, i finally decided to go with the soup of the day (minestrone soup), Roasted chicken chop with Balsamic Graze dressed with wedges and salad, bread raisin pudding and a cup of chilly ice lemon tea. Overall, the serving is quite big for Asian's stomach, haha, but then i still managed to finsh 80% of it..quite proud of myself..;)

p/s: a complimentary bread with olive oil and vinegar is given to all diners before meals.


Chloe's Sicilian Fruit Salad

Creamy Mushroom Soup (VERY RICH)

Minestrone soup with glaze of cheese

Laine's garlic toast with some creamy sauce (cnt rmb the name)


Parmesan Crusted Fish

Angel Hair Pomodoro

My Roasted Chicken with Balsamic Glaze!!


Raisin Bread Pudding

Chocolate Brownies

Food review wise, i'll give it an 8 of 10. Well, the minestrone soup was ok, nothing special, just a typical tomato soup with bell chillies. However, i'm surprised with the roasted chicken. The meat was well-cooked, juicy and tender, without losing the crisp of the skin. The entire dish was lifted up more with the company of berry sauce. The natural sweet and citrus taste of berries elevated the rich chicken meat, made me wanting for more!! =) I ended my lunch with the light raisin bread pudding which was so AWESOME!! The main reason for my liking towards this dish is that it wasn't very sweet nor rich like the chocolate brownies, yet it has this very light and warm after-taste which really clean your palate but not filling enough to made you feel bloated..:) I guess it just hit my spot for dessert, subtle but special at the same time!! :D

To everyone out there, do try out this set lunch once a while,be it a birthday celebration or a simple day out with love ones. You will definitely adore this elegant and beautiful Italian restaurant. xoxo


You Might Also Like

0 comments