Oh Snap @ Morning Wood, SS15

00:49

   First thing that strikes my mind when i saw this cafe was the name. Seriously? Morning Wood? With that suggestive yet interesting opening, we could expect lotsa fun and creativity in Morning Wood. This cafe is owned by renowned local YouTubers, artists and happy couple Jared Lee and Marianne Tan. If you are an active YouTube supporter, i'm sure these names are rather familiar to you. Situated in the hub of busy college city SS15, Subang Jaya, Morning Wood is not to be missed if you love cafe food, good cup of coffee and most importantly the student vibes here.


Art Work

Tiny space, huge crowd
   I visited this first floor cafe few weeks ago for weekend brunch with my brother. Although it was way past lunch time, but the crowd was still huge and we only had the seat outside, at the smoking area in the balcony which was quite warm. For our meals, we had a Breakfast in Bed and Skinny Dip, while having a cup of cappucino as caffeine fix. The menu in Morning Wood was worded in a 'creatively horny' way. As you could appreciate from these 2 dishes we ordered. I even saw threesome and orgasm, must be the idea from Jared Lee.

Breakfast in Bed--RM 24+
Eggs i any style, sauteed mushroom, breakfast sausages, beans, tomato, hash brown, greens and toast.

Skinny Dip--RM 20+
Baked eggs served with toasts.

Cappucino--RM 10+


   I'll start with my Skinny Dip, which is essentially a baked egg with some Mediterranean twist. I didn't quite like the tomato puree because it was way too sweet for me. I would prefer it to be more acidic and tangent. The eggs were slightly over-cooked as well. However, my brother enjoyed his Breakfast in Bed, which is the big breakfast a lot. He thought that everything was well cooked well seasoned. Fortunately, the cappucino didn't disappoint. I am in love with the complexity of flavours from this cuppa. The blend was medium roasted i believe, with earthiness and a tinge of hazelnut after taste.

   Morning Wood proved to me more than just an Internet sensation. It gains its fame from celebrity owners but the food and overall achievement of this place has proven to be more than fame. I believe with some tweaks and changes, this little space will continue to shine and bring forth more great food and coffee to this neighbourhood. Have a pleasant week ahead guys!

More Information~
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/morningwoodMY/
Address: 73-1, Jalan SS15/8, SS15, 47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments