The Daily Grind, Bangsar Village I

21:45

    Hey guys, how was your day? Today i'm feeling positive and encouraged after meeting up with some buddies at an awesome restaurant. I'll update you guys soon alright? Before that, i'm sure those who follow my blog will not be unfamiliar with Ms Zheng. As my food buddy, she was featured quite a few times here, in Love Life, Cherish Moments. Anyway, it was her 21st birthday last Sunday, me and a few of our high school decided to have a n early celebration with her in The Daily Grind, Bangsar Village 1 on last Friday. Well, why i chose this place? Simply because the birthday girl was enthralled by their milkshakes and i've always wanted to try out their gourmet burger.



Funky red engines decor

le menu~ 
   Just a friendly reminder: book a table before you visit them! I forgot to call up and make a reservation that night, and had to wait for 30 minutes for a place. After the wait, we quickly made our orders. I felt like having a big and scrumptious beef burger so i went for the Classic Beef Burger (with cheese). Ms Zheng aka birthday girl chose My Big Fat Greek Burger. Pea Ching's choice of the day was The Classic Chicken Burger (with cheese), while Joven had a Lamburgerni. Purple went for the Jai Ho Burger and lastly Eng wanted a Chicken Chermoula Avocado Madness.

My Classic Beef Burger (with cheese)--RM 28
Homemade ketchup, our own proprietary mustard mix and homemade pickles between toasted buns.




My Big Fat Greek Burger--RM 29
Lamb patty with grilled eggplant, cucumber yogurt and served with feta salad




Jai Ho Burger--RM 28
Juicy chargrilled chicken breast smothered with spicy dynamite mayonaise sauce and topped with pickled red onions and pappadums





Lamburgerni--RM 28
Grilled lamb patty with smoky tomato sauce, pesto and grilled vegetable


Chicken Chermoula Avocado Madness--RM 29
Zing marinated, grilled and covered in smooth avocado cream and fiery jalapeno salsa.
   The best dish of the day, in my humble opinion is MINE! Yup, i enjoyed my Classic Beef Burger to the max! The reason is simple: all components was perfect! My medium rare beef patty was executed perfectly! The texture, taste and technique are all great. A melt-in-your-mouth, juicy and succulent beef patty plus the acidity from the mustard sauce along with homemade pickles just worked so well together. I have to say, this was by far, the best beef burger i've ever tasted! Another burger that grew into my liking was Joven's Lamburgerni. I adore the way they prepared the lamb patty. It was tender and flavorful, without the strong smell naturally found in lamb. The rest of the burgers were all good, with some hits and misses.

   Ohh, before i forgot, I mentioned that The Daily Grind is also well known for its milkshakes. Ms Zheng ordered a lemon meringue tart milkshake and it tasted just like a lemon meringue tart. It was creamy and sweet but with a hint of lemon freshness within. Joven had a glass of passion fruit mocktail and it was alright.
Lemon Meringue Tart Milkshake

Passion Fruit Mocktail
     After dinner, we ended the night with a Red Velvet birthday cake baked by yours truly. Who knows, a foodie like me can bake too huh? LOL. I might post a baking tutorial if i have good response from you guys alright? :)

Blessed 21st birthday Zheng!!
Ladies of the night~
   In a nutshell, i highly recommend the gourmet burgers from The Daily Grind. The service was surprisingly good too! Special thanks to the waiter that helped me arranging the little surprise that night! Thank you sir! :) The environment is casual and comfortable, brilliant for a friday night out with friends or loved ones as there is a mini bar at the center or the restaurant. Pricing is well, above average. You might need to spend around RM 40-60 per person. 

Let's end the post with a decent photos of us by the pro PowPow!
   Writing this now, really made me hungry, ARGHHH!!! I will definitely go back for the beef burger! Have a good night peepo! xoxo.

 Contact info~
Website: http://thedailygrind.com.my/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Thedailygrindbangsar?fref=ts
Phone No.: 03-22876708
Check out the menu here!

You Might Also Like

0 comments