Ladies' Teatime: Patisserie Equateur

17:18

   The long awaited Chinese New Year is going to end soon. How did you celebrate yours? For me, i attended several gatherings and reunion meals with my friends and family. Sadly, i wasn't in the mood of truly celebrating this year as my finals is just around the corner, 3 more days to be exact. Sigh, what to do, life of a poor student. Anyway, here's a brief update about a newly opened bakery cafe in my hometown, hope you guys will enjoy it.

I have no idea what's with the wide grin
   T'was the second day of CNY. We were feeling the heat from granny's old house so we went searching for a place to chill and quench our thirst. I noticed this newly opened cafe in Raja Uda, off Jalan Ong Yi How, nearby the chains of cafe such as By The Sea, Fresh, LPMTB and more. Me and my fellow cousies decided to give it a try. The interior is really lovely and sweet. The owner truly put it much effort in setting up this elegant, modern-classic and pearly white sweet little cafe. I absolutely love every details of the hut.



   We ordered 2 sets of flower tea to share. Each tea set is sufficient for twin sharing. The two flavors were Lady Moon and French Rose. Great tea must go with delicate desserts. Hence, we gotten ourselves a Creme Brulee, Lychee Panna Cotta and Vanilla Cake.

Creme Brulee--RM 7.50
Lychee Panna Cotta--RM 7.90
Vanilla Cake
  It was indeed a pleasant surprise for me. I've never expected so much from cafe in Butterworth. Perhaps i've experienced enough not-so-great culinary trips there. However, Patisserie Equateur proved me wrong. The rich and creamy Creme Brulee has the perfect thin, caramalised sugar coat on top that cracked with the force of a spoon. Its sweetness level is bearable and cudos for using real vanilla seeds in making this classical French dessert. Next up, the Lychee Panna Cotta was such a delight. The consistency of the milk pudding complemented the sweetened lychee cubes and syrup so well. A creative and perfect combination! The vanilla cake was a bit under the standard set by the previous two items, nothing too special about it.
Lady Moon (flower tea)--RM 13.90
Fusion of 3 types of dried flower petals and honey
   I also adore my tea of the day! I always thought i was a coffee person, but Lady Moon changed my perspective a little. Flower tea can be sweet, fragrant and classy if made the right way. The fusion of 3 types of flower petals (lavender and 2 more) gave the tea a diversified flavor and fragrance. Its calming effect just brighten up my tiring day.


Meet cousin Ai Wei!
Doing what girls do best
   Overall, Patisserie Equateur serves elegant desserts and great tea. I also give credits to the sudden solo singing performance by one of their staff, entertaining indeed. The pricing considered average and service was excellent. This is a promising cafe that has high potential of being one of Raja Uda's highlight when it comes to desserts, feminine cafe and relaxing ambiance. I would recommend them to try serving afternoon tea set, that would be a great marketing way to attract young girls and couples. Just my humble opinion. Alright, that's all for today's post, yours truly has a lot of studying to do. Wish me luck readers! xoxo.

Contact info~
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PatisserieEquateur
Address: 41, Lorong Teras Jaya 2, Kawasan Perindustrian Teras Jaya, Butterworth, Penang.

You Might Also Like

0 comments