My Birthday Dinner @ Wip, BSC

20:32

   Oh hello dear readers, so sorry for the long hiatus. I am very glad to say that finals has finally over and me holiday starts now! I am back to blogging and will be blogging full time for at least 3 months until my long break ends. To compensate you guys for the long wait, let me start off with a personal post about my birthday celebration few weeks ago in Wip, BSC, Bangsar. Enjoy!


   This is a rather interesting story to begin with. My birthday falls on a weekday, before a public holiday. As i was still having classes and ward work, i just spent my whole day in the hospital and uni, seeing cute babies that share the same birthday as me and going to classes. It was a hectic day, until evening, as Mr. J had already planned a small little birthday dinner with me, just the two of us. Little did i know, he secretly had a plan to surprise me with all my sneaky friends. They surprised me at the dinner place that Mr. J chose--Wip in BSC. I was more than surprised, thrilled and touched to see all my closest people showed up on my birthday to celebrate my special day with me. :')

Spacious area in Wip




Le birthday girl is happy
   Anyway, let's talk more on the food shall we? Wip stands for whipped into place. It is part of the soul society food group, together with its sister restaurant--Souled Out, they are one of the few well-known Western restaurants in town. As Wip is actually a Malaysian Western fusion, all of us had a variety of food for the night. I ordered a roasted duck confit while Mr. J got himself a grilled lamb. The rest of the company had grilled chicken chop, Indian curry, salmon with salsa, lamb kebab and some drinks.

Duck Confit--RM 32++
with roasted pumpkin, shoyu pine nuts and sauteed mushroom
    I love this dish as all the flavors come together harmoniously. All the earthy element worked well together with different texture, from the soft pumpkin, to firm mushroom, and finally the hard pine nuts. Not to forget about the perfectly cooked duck confit. I would love it more if it were a little bit low of salt.

Grilled Lamb--RM 52++
Lamb with grilled eggplant puree, vine ripened tomatoes and rocket leaves
Pommery Chicken--RM 28++
Chicken thigh marinated in mustard, honey, spices, served with mashed potato and vegetables
Chicken Vindaloo--RM 28++
Marinated chicken breast cooked in hot and spicy gracy served with aloo ghobi, naan or briyani rice
Salmon Fillet--RM 38++
Baked salmon, honey pink peppercorn glaze, grilled asparagus

Expetada--Lamb (400gram)--RM 88++ 
{2 person portion}
 (traditional Portugese meat skewers marinated with garlic, laurel leaves, rock salt and charboiled to perfection)
served with cous cous, vegetables of the day and chef's selection of sauces
   Shortly after our satisfying meal, Mr. J continued to surprise me with the massive macaron tower+fondant cake that i have always longed for! It couldn't be more perfect with all my favourite desserts on the same plate. The macarons are in turquoise, baby pink and beige, flavored in chocolate and original. The beautiful fondant cake was also skillfully coated and decorated with pink fondant and white ribbons, with my name and bright candles everywhere. It was an intense and rich chocolate mint cake which tasted heavenly awesome. A major shout out to the most talented baker--Su Li who made this possible, along with Union Jac that provided these perfectly made macarons that taste as great as it looked.

Yes, i was dumbfounded with joy and surprise.


My one and only, customised birthday cake!
The dense chocolate cake and chocolate mint ganache was insanely delicious!
   Not only that, i would like to extend my gratitude to all my friends that made time for me on my special day. It really means a lot to me by having all of you people around me. I truly enjoyed my night! To all the staffs of Wip, a huge thanks to all of you for your dedication and hardwork in making my night so memorable. Thanks to all the friendly and helpful staffs that served our table. It really showed the high standard of hospitality and service Wip has to offer. 

My girls!
Sarina & Ee Chin
Dearest Jo!
Wilsern 
And also Ern Wei, Adlene & Velentine!
    Last but not least, the most important and most guilty 'culprit' behind all these amazing arrangement--Mr. J. Thanks for all your effort and thoughts in making my day. I am truly blessed with your presence and support! Thanks for making my dreams come true and most importantly, thanks for being part of my life. :)


   Before i end this rather personal post, let's not forget to mention a little bit more about Wip. Similar to Souled Out, the menu did not disappoint as it offers a huge range of cuisine with satisfying after taste. However, i find that the pricing was above average and this might due to the package of great service and ambiance Wip prides for. Other than that, i am more than pleased with my dining experience here in Wip. It is definitely a happening place to hangout with friends on a Friday night with live band, good crowd and fun crew. For more information on the cake and restaurant, details are as below. A sincere thank you to everyone! You know who you are! xoxo

Restaurant's Contact Info~

Baker (Su Li's) Contact: 
Contact No.: 012-9447290
Email: suli.pg@gmail.com

Macarons supplier (Union Jac's) Contact:

You Might Also Like

0 comments